Jabra has introduced their latest true wireless earbuds designed specifically for hybrid working – the Evolve2 Buds. These earbuds may appear similar to Jabra’s other line of earbuds, such as the Elite 7 Pro, but what sets them apart is the inclusion of a USB dongle. This dongle, available in either USB-C or USB-A, allows for a more stable and clearer connection, as well as better range and control over the headset. In this article, we will explore the features and capabilities of the Jabra Evolve2 Buds, as well as their performance in real-life situations.
Table of Contents
The Jabra Evolve2 Buds come packed with a range of impressive features, making them a top choice for earbuds in the market. Here are some key features:
– USB dongle: The included USB dongle provides an instant plug-and-play connection, eliminating the need for Bluetooth pairing. Additionally, it offers access to Jabra Link, a software that allows for customization and adjustment of various settings.
– Mobile app: The earbuds also come with a feature-rich mobile app that enhances the overall user experience.
– Bluetooth 5.2 and multi-point connectivity: Enjoy seamless connectivity with two devices simultaneously, as well as easy switching between them.
– Compatibility with Windows PC: While these earbuds work well with most devices, some Windows PC users may experience issues with audio quality and device switching. However, these can be resolved by adjusting the Windows audio settings accordingly.
– Master Slave configuration: Unlike other earbuds, the Evolve2 Buds allow independent use of either the left or right earbud.
– Wireless charging: The case of the earbuds features a USB-C port for charging and is compatible with wireless Qi chargers. This offers convenience and ensures that the earbuds are always charged.
– Impressive battery life: The Evolve2 Buds provide up to five hours of talk time, eight hours of music with active noise cancellation (ANC), and 10 hours of music without ANC. The included case provides an additional 33 hours of battery life. A quick five-minute charge offers one full hour of listening time.
– Waterproof and dustproof: With an IP57 rating, these earbuds are resistant to water and dust, ensuring durability and reliability in various environments.
– In-ear detection: The earbuds automatically pause music playback when one earbud is removed, and the microphone is muted during calls for a seamless user experience.
– Clear call quality: The Evolve2 Buds are designed to provide clear call quality, even in busy environments, thanks to their advanced noise cancellation technology.
When it comes to an enterprise product like the Evolve2 Buds, clarity of audio during calls is of utmost importance. It is essential to set realistic expectations for the audio quality of earbuds given their physical limitations. These earbuds must capture the user’s voice amidst various ambient sounds.
The Evolve2 Buds employ multiple microphones on the earbuds to isolate the user’s voice and cancel out background noise. They also utilize bone conduction to detect vibrations in the cheekbone, further enhancing voice isolation. However, it is important to note that comparing the audio quality of earbuds to headsets with dedicated boom mics would be unfair.
In a quiet environment, the audio quality of the Evolve2 Buds is clear and satisfactory. However, in loud environments, such as when a hair dryer is running, the cancellation of background noise is less effective compared to a headset with a boom mic. To illustrate this difference, a wired Jabra Evolve 40 headset with a boom mic was also tested and demonstrated superior noise cancellation capabilities. It is crucial to manage expectations and understand the limitations of earbuds in such scenarios.
To assess the performance of the Evolve2 Buds in real-life situations, testing was conducted in a noisy outdoor environment, specifically on a busy street. Despite the background noise from passing cars and the highway, the earbuds performed adequately in delivering clear sound. While there were minor variations in audio quality, the voice remained distinguishable.
Comparing the Evolve2 Buds to the Jabra Stealth mono headset, the earbuds proved to be just as capable in providing an immersive audio experience.
The Jabra Evolve2 Buds offer a comprehensive set of features ideal for hybrid working scenarios. With their USB dongle, impressive battery life, and waterproof design, they cater to the needs of professionals. While the audio quality may have limitations in noisy environments, the Evolve2 Buds perform well when compared to other earbuds. For those seeking a versatile and convenient audio solution for hybrid working, the Jabra Evolve2 Buds are worth considering.
Last Updated on October 9, 2023